Letting out our inner geek
Here is a selection of YouTube videos which have caught our eye because they're relaxing, creative, mind-blowing, or just a little bit awesome.
- The Joy of Painting with Bob Ross | 25 mins approx
The soft-spoken guy painting happy clouds, mountains, and trees in about 26 television minutes, using big house painting-type brushes and encouraging audiences with his gentle reminder, "you can do it." The Joy of Painting is an American half-hour instructional television show hosted by painter Bob Ross which ran from January 11, 1983, until May 17, 1994. In each episode, Ross taught techniques for landscape oil painting, completing a painting in each session.
Bob Ross: Cypress Creek (Season 29 Episode 7) | Bob Ross | 4 Dec 2016 | 24m 48s
- Time-lapse: The Nightingale Hospital at the ExCel Centre | BBC News | 1 Apr 2020 | 40s
The Nightingale Hospital has been built in London's ExCeL Centre to deal with Coronavirus (COVID-19) patients.
- Building Realistic Dioramas with Luke Towan | 20-40 mins approx
Provides you with tutorials on building realistic scenery dioramas. Whether you’re a total beginner or a seasoned professional you will surely find some useful tips and advice here.
- Time-lapse: Milkyway compilation | Peaceful Cuisine | 23 Nov 2016 | 7m 47s
Filmed with Sony A7RII, Nikon Df and Sony RX100M4. Locations: Mt Fuji (Yamanashi, Japan); Manazuru seashore (Kanagawa, Japan); Kiyosato (Yamanashi, Japan); Lake Tekapo (New Zealand); Lake Alexandrina (New Zealand); Queenstown (New Zealand); Mauna Kea (Hawaii); Halemaumau (Hawaii); Kona Heaven (Hawaii)
- Parkour, Freerunning and Trick Shots with Stunts Amazing | 2-10 ins approx
Mind-blowing extreme sports videos partnering with the best athletes all around the world to showcase the craziest stunts people have to offer. If you have an interest in parkour, freerunning, trick shots, Taekwondo or just like seeing epic athleticism then this is the place for you.
Insane Parkour and Freerunning 2020 | Stunts Amazing | 5 Jan 2020 | 5m 57s
- Starships size comparison | Meta Ball Studios | 21 Sep 2015 | 3m 37s
Starship size comparison from film and TV series from a Star Wars fighter at 6 metres to The Ark from Halo at 127,530 kilometres.
- Time-lapse: 42,000 piece jigsaw puzzle timelapse | Andre F | 15 Mar 2020 | 2m 33s
World's largest single image jigsaw puzzle timelapse (42,000 pieces)
"Around The World" by Educa. Finished dimensions: 7.49m x 1.57m (24.6ft x 5.2ft). Started April 10 2019 - completed March 15 2020.
- The 36 best cosplayers at New York Comic Con 2019 | Insider | 10 Oct 2019 | 3m 51s
Insider went to New York Comic Con 2019 and found the best cosplayers from Iron Man to Spider-Man to Morpheus to Aang.
- Nature scenery on planet earth | Cat Trumpet | 3h 00m 3s
Enjoy 3 hours of amazing nature scenery featuring relaxing music ideal for sleep, study, meditation and yoga.
- Woodturning: yellow birch pedestal box | David Adamsen | 22 Oct 2019 | 22m 23s
This piece of yellow birch was harvested within the past year or two, so it was not fully dry. However, it was very spalted and soft, which seemed to indicate it was close to becoming punky.
- Time-lapse: Alien: Covenant movie set construction | Jacinta Leong | 14 Feb 2020 | 7m 7s
Build and installation time-lapse of sets: White Room, Covenant Hypersleep, Juggernaut, David's Lab, Covenant Terraforming Bay, Hall of Heads.
- Earth from above (7 hours) | Nature Relaxation Films | 28 Aug 2018 | 7h 0m 6s
Soar over many of the world's most breathtaking natural paradises for seven hours. Enjoy pristine views of exotic places such as Norway, Maui, Fiji, the Spanish Islands, Banff Alberta, California and Australia's southern coasts - paired with healing ambient music to aid in achieving a state of deep and tranquil relaxation. Changing locations 20-30 minutes.
- Time lapse: Making a Jumanji Board | Steven Richter | 27 Aug 2017 | 15m 13s
Building a screen accurate Jumanji board prop replica.
Making a Jumanji Board | Steven Richter | 26 Aug 2017 | 15m 13s
- Daily Dose of Internet | Daily Dose of Internet Channel
Daily Dose of Internet collects some of the top trending videos from all over the Internet.