Here are our thoughts on cruising grounds:
↑ Back to top
- Cruising grounds can be dangerous places: know your exits. Tell a friend where you are going
- If you know someone else there, make contact: you can look out for each other
- Listening to music using headphones make you less aware of danger or attack
- Try not to carry valuables
- If you’ve met someone for the first time you may be tempted to take them home or go home with them. Beware of the risks. Get their phone number and suggest meeting another night
- Sexy though they may appear to be – stay clear of groups of straight men, particularly if they’re loud or drunk
- Be wary of accepting lifts from strangers. If you are with a group of friends but do not know the driver, you should be cautious about being the last person to be dropped off. Hitch-hiking can be dangerous. Try not to hitch alone although this may make getting lifts more difficult.
- Some guys have a 2nd phone (left at home) to which they send themselves messages with a quick description of the plan before running off with a complete stranger. Doing this in front of a potential shag also lets them know you are connected. Over the top (OTT) perhaps but it depends on how you value your personal safety (especially if you are not out).