Getting more adventurous
Before you start any regular strenuous physical activity, you should see your GP so that other health factors can be taken into account when planning what you aim to do. These factors include:
↑ Back to top
- Being significantly overweight.
- Being a smoker.
- Having back problems.
- If you have a chronic disorder such as diabetes, asthma or arthritis.
- An immediate family member has developed heart disease before the age of 40.
- Being under medical treatment for high blood pressure, a heart condition, or other long term disease.
- Being over 35 and having done very little exercise for a few years.
- Being over 50 years old.