Coming out to others
Bad coming out experience?
Get help and support now!
You may feel hurt, vulnerable and lonely but there are some truly great organisations who are there for you.
- Switchboard GBT+ Helpline 0345 3 30 30 30 (10am-11pm),
- LGBT Foundation 0300 330 0630 (10am-10pm daily)
- Albert Kennedy Trust 020 7831 6562 (up to the age of 25)
- Samaritans 0845 7 90 90 90 (24/7)
- If you feel unsafe, can you stay with a friend or other family member (even if you don't tell them why)?
- If you are in imminent danger or in fear of your life call 999. No ifs or buts.
This is not an easy watch but straight guy Chris Thompson was reduced to tears after watching a shocking video made by 19 year old Daniel Pearce from Georgia, US who was abused by his family after he came out. Chris's response is enlightening as it is moving.
Chris Thompson US | Daily vlog Channel | 28 Aug 2014 | 6m 28s.
A month later Trent and Luke posted this video which gives the response of some of their LGBT friends who had not seen Daniel's video. And there is a happy-ish ending.
Trent and Luke | 12 Sep 2014 | 10m 04s↑ Back to top